Rhodes 19 Sailing
Designed over 50 years ago, the Rhodes 19 is an exciting, one-design sailboat that offers both great family day sailing and competitive racing. Comfortable and safe, the Rhodes 19 is a great learning platform.
All levels welcome: Beginner to Advanced Racing. Get checked out so you can charter Harry and Puppy!
You learn all the basics of sailing: wind direction, tying knots, sail trim, steering, bailing water out of the boat, rigging, de-rigging, teamwork, safety etc. The Course introduces the student to the sport of sailing, starting from the very basics.
More advanced sailors learn anchoring, Man Over Board, sail controls, spinnaker, reefing, wind shifts, Rules of the Road and more.
- Those registering multiple students and/or sessions may select "Invoice Me" and enter payment information only once.
- Registration is not complete and spot(s) will not be held until payment is received in FULL.
- NOTE** Registration will be automatically canceled if payment is not received within 15 minutes of completing online registration.
- Non-members are welcome!
- Able to swim 50 yards and pass a swim test.
- Provide a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation Device (PFD) with a plastic whistle attached.
- Sailing gloves and sunglasses are recommended for all courses.
- Sailing boots or shoes that can get wet.
- Following all SCYC Sailing Covid19 Regulations and SCYC Galley-Club Regulations.
- This program is a graduated program. We recommend that each sailor go through the designed progression of the program, for each class of boat. Everyone is different and our instructors will assess your skill and comfort with the level at which you are sailing. Instructors may recommend that some students may need to repeat one of the classes if they have not successfully mastered each skill required in that class.
- Our program strives to create a fun and safe environment where people can learn and come to love the sport of sailing. We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors.
For additional Information or any questions: