We are excited you found this page, if you are here you must be curious about joining the SCYC. Hopefully by now you have seen we are an organization focused on promoting maritime fun. We have great sailing programs for kids and adults. We also like to have fun! Our club, our food, and our members offer an opportunity to meet old friends and new ones in a one of a kind environment. When you join the St. Croix Yacht Club you will become part of a proud legacy of island friends and sailors started in 1952.
The Club was formed for the express purpose of promoting interest and activity in the ownership, racing and cruising of yachts and small boats; of providing a meeting place for members whose common interest lies in ships and the sea; of augmenting the recreational facilities and visitor attractions of the island; of exchange and courtesies with other yacht clubs of the United States and Caribbean islands, and of extending to visiting yachtsmen the hospitality of St. Croix.
If you like what you see but still want more information be sure to check out:
What do you need to do next? The process is straightforward.
Prospective members must also supply:
1. A completed application including a brief note (in the application) describing your reasons for desiring membership. This is a quick overview to board members introducing yourself and telling us why you would like to join.
2. A letter from each of your two (2) sponsors. These can be sent as emails to Manager@StCroixYC.com. The member should say how they know you and why they think you will be a good fit at the club.
3. You will be billed for the appropriate initiation fee. The initiation fees are listed below based on membership type.
Once prospective members complete an application to the board of directors for consideration:
1. When an opening occurs, applicant will be notified that the application has been activated.
2. Dues will be prorated through to the end of the year.
3. Applicants names will be posted at least two (2) weeks prior to the Membership Committee meeting.
4. Sponsors are responsible to introduce applicants to the Officers, Members of the Board, the Membership Committee, and to as many members of the Club as possible throughout this period. Resident applicants and their sponsors are expected to attend.
“Membership Sunday” on the date specified in their letter of acceptance. Non-Resident applicants are expected to attend if “On-Island.”
Residential Memberships are at its max. If you are interested in a residential membership, please email email@example.com to be placed on a wait list.