Thursday Sunfish Sail
The Sunfish is one of the most iconic recreational sailboats ever made. It’s still the boat a lot of adults remember having their first sailing experiences on. The Sunfish hasn’t changed much in the last 50 years. It’s not cutting edge - but it’s still perhaps the easiest boat to rig for sailing.
You learn all the basics of sailing: wind direction, tying knots, sail trim, steering, bailing water out of the boat, rigging, de-rigging, teamwork, safety etc. The Course introduces the student to the sport of sailing, starting from the very basics.
- Those registering multiple students and/or sessions may select "Invoice Me" and enter payment information only once.
- Registration is not complete and spot(s) will not be held until payment is received in FULL.
- NOTE** Registration will be automatically canceled if payment is not received within 15 minutes of completing online registration.
- Non-members are welcome!
- Able to swim 50 yards and pass a swim test.
- Provide a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation Device (PFD) with a plastic whistle attached.
- Sailing gloves and sunglasses are recommended for all courses.
- Sailing boots or shoes that can get wet.
- Following all SCYC Sailing Covid19 Regulations and SCYC Galley-Club Regulations.
- This program is a graduated program. We recommend that each sailor go through the designed progression of the program, for each class of boat. Every child is different and our instructors will assess your child’s skill and comfort with the level at which he/she is sailing. Instructors may recommend that some students may need to repeat one of the classes if they have not successfully mastered each skill required in that class.
- Our program strives to create a fun and safe environment where kids can learn and come to love the sport of sailing. We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors.
For additional Information or any questions: