O'pen Skiff 2020 SPRING SAILING PROGRAM
The Bic O'pen Skiffs are here!
You may have heard some of the junior sailors expressing their excitement about the new BIC sailing dinghies that have arrived at the St Croix Yacht Club through the generosity of the Virgin Island Sailing Association (VISA)
The O'Pen Skiff is designed specifically for juniors, our little dinghy has blown a big breath of fresh air through our sailing world, close to the new-generation skiff concept, very fast and very simple. 100% open, self-bailing, rapid and responsive, with an up-to-date versatile rig, the O'pen BIC offers kids a machine that delivers maximum fun while helping them learn the skills and reflexes to enjoy racing on current, high-performance equipment.
Watch how much fun they are here.
- Those registering multiple students and/or sessions may select "Invoice Me" and enter payment information only once.
- Registration is not complete and spot(s) will not be held until payment is received in FULL.
Non-members are welcome!
Student requirements are:
- Able to swim 50 yards and pass a swim test.
- Provide a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation.Device (PFD) with a plastic whistle attached.
- Sailing gloves and sunglasses are recommended for all courses.
- This program is a graduated program. We recommend that each sailor go through the designed progression of the program, for each class of boat. Every child is different and our instructors will assess your child’s skill and comfort with the level at which he/she is sailing. Instructors may recommend that some students may need to repeat one of the classes if they have not successfully mastered each skill required in that class.
- Our program strives to create a fun and safe environment where kids can learn and come to love the sport of sailing. We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors.
For additional Information or any questions: