The St. Croix Yacht Club has been a proud sponsor for the Coral Reef Swim for over 20 years! Our members along with the USCG, DPNR, Parks Service and the Buck Island Charter companies make sure the race happens safely every year. This year is unique! Maria is not holding us back from showing all these off island tourists that St. Croix is still alive. Maria damaged and 3 of our 6 safety boats that anchor along the course so the 150+ swimmers can use them sight on. We have also lost some of our volunteers as they evacuated the island.
Race is Sunday, November 5, 7am-12
ST. CROIX NEEDS YOUR HELP….WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!
1. Need anchored boats along the course. Usually only need you a few hours and start times depend on where you are anchored.
2. Need a motor boat to help set the course on Saturday Nov. 4thfrom 8-11am
3. One of the boats had her trailer damaged so we need a truck with a traitor hitch to drop a boat in on Saturday and out Sundayafternoon.
4. We need SUP’s and kayakers. You don’t need to have your own kayak and the Buccaneer will provide you a life jacket.
5. A medical professional to greet swimmers at the Buccaneer Beach from 9-12. EMS will be onsite.
6. Need a member to help the YC manager inflate the tetrahedrons on Friday afternoon at the club.
If you can help in anyway please email or text Kim Sanford at firstname.lastname@example.org / 340-227-6737
Or Suzanne at email@example.com / 253-241-4827