2019 SPRING SAILING PROGRAM
This fun program explores the waters of the East End of St Croix from a variety of watercraft, including, Optis, Sunfish and 420s. Sailors enjoy sailing games, sailing excursions to nearby destinations like Smugglers Cove, Buck Island and adventures around Teague Bay and neighboring bays. Sailors will also increase sailing experience and improve on sailing and nautical skills! We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport of sailing to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors. Required Prerequisite: Ages 8-16, Completed SCYC Intro Sailing course or instructor approval.
- Those registering multiple students and/or sessions may select "Invoice Me" and enter payment information only once.
- Registration is not complete and spot(s) will not be held until payment is received in FULL.
- REGISTRATION LINK
Non-members are welcome!
Student requirements are:
- Able to swim 50 yards and pass a swim test. Sea Squirts Swim- 20 yards while wearing a PFD.
- Provide a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation.Device (PFD) with a plastic whistle attached.
- Sailing gloves and sunglasses are recommended for all courses.
- This program is a graduated program. We recommend that each sailor go through the designed progression of the program, for each class of boat. Every child is different and our instructors will assess your child’s skill and comfort with the level at which he/she is sailing. Instructors may recommend that some students may need to repeat one of the classes if they have not successfully mastered each skill required in that class.
- Our program strives to create a fun and safe environment where kids can learn and come to love the sport of sailing. We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors.
For additional Information or any questions: