FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Summer Sailing Program
Check here to see if you question may already be answered. If not, please contact Kelley Severns, Waterfront Coordinator, at email@example.com
1) If a session is marked as full and I would like to be considered for that session, what can I do? Please register your child on the wait list. Wait list takes priority when additional spots open up based on instructor loads and guidelines suggested by US Sailing.
2) If I'm a member can I register someone outside my immediate family as a member at member rates? No, Members are as outlined in the SCYC bylaws (available here: https://www.stcroixyc.com/By-Laws ). Grandchildren, cousins, friends can not be registered under your membership.
3) Discounts? A Discount is offered (member rate ) to active Members who hold a current Family Membership. Please see our website: https://www.stcroixyc.com/join-SCYC and consider joining this exciting club to take advantage of member benefits.
4) Are the Scholarships Available? Yes, there is an application process. Please contact Kelley.firstname.lastname@example.org (Waterfront Coordinator) for more information.
5) While my child is in the sailing summer program am I able to remain at the SCYC, and enjoy the beach and restaurant? Only Members are permitted to enjoy SCYC assets. Parents of Sailing Program participants will be invited to the end of sailing session demonstration and awards afternoon.
6) Are Private Lessons Available? Depending on instructor availability. Please coordinate with your session instructors or waterfront coordinator.
7) Are adult lessons available? There are no current summer adult offerings but that may change in the future - stay tuned!
8) Can I register in person? No - you must register through the online links. You may pay in person, but a spot is not held until payment is received.
9) Can we register for just one week of the session? No - you must register for the full two week session even if your student is only going to attend one week
10) What days and times are the sessions? Each session runs for two weeks, Monday through Friday, 9am - 3:00pm each day.
11) Is there extended care? Yes, you may register for extended care at an extra cost during the registration process.
12) My child has no sailing experience - can he/she still participate? yes - there will be a group of beginners in each session and instructors will work with them on their level
13) My child is an advanced sailor - can he/she have special instruction? Every session will most likely have some more advanced sailors. Skill level will be evaluated by the instructors at the beginning of each session to determine how students should be grouped. If a student would like more advanced coaching, you may discuss options for private lessons with your individual instructor.
14) How will it be determined what boats my child sails? Skill level will be evaluated by the instructors at the beginning of each session to determine how students should be grouped.