9/9/2020 COVID-19 VI GOV
Governor Bryan Press Conference on the Government Facebook page: Gov Bryan Covid-19 Update 9/8/2020
Governor Bryan announced during his Press Briefing that guidelines for the modified “Safer at Home” phase that will be in place as of Tues, 9/8/2020
- The sale of alcohol will be prohibited from 11PM-6AM, until further notice.
- Effective immediately, all bars are closed until further notice. Exception: Restaurants that serve alcohol. You may place an order at the bar and a bartender/server will bring the drink/food to your table. There will be no loitering in the bar area.
- Beaches will be closed from 4PM-6AM every Friday-Sunday & holidays, until further notice.
- Those traveling from listed states, must have a negative Covid-19 test / positive antibody test no later than 5 days prior travel date or quarantine for 14 days after arrival.
- Churches and houses of worship may reopen with a maximum of 50 people in attendance and will be allowed to serve communion according to V.I. Health Department guidelines.
- Casinos and gaming establishments may reopen beginning Sept. 19 under protocols established by the Health Department and the Casino Commission.
- Private school campuses are allowed to reopen in accordance with Health Department guidelines.
- New hotel and Airbnb check-ins are also prohibited until Sept. 19, though locals seeking a “staycation” are allowed to book a room, as long as they can present valid V.I. identification.