SEA SQUIRT FULL DAY PROGRAM
Sea Squirt classes will be held at the St. Croix Yacht Club for youth ages 5 to 7. Registrations will be accepted on a first come, first served basis. Appropriate Course Fee must accompany application for each session being reserved. Spaces are limited. Sign up as soon as possible.
The Sea Squirt program is designed to introduce young sailors to fun and safety in, around and on the water. The goal of this course is to build young sailor's love for sailing in a controlled and safe environment. The class is designed to work with the children at the level that they are comfortable with. Activities build confidence and include sailing, knot tying, nautical terminology, crafts, songs, water activities and "messing about in boats". We emphasize the importance of teamwork, respect, and safety in daily lessons. Our number one goal is to pass on our passion for the sport of sailing to the next generation of St. Croix Sailors.
DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL SEA SQUIRTS PROGRAM:
April 14 & 17 2017
Sailors may sign up for one or two days
Friday April 14 9AM -3PM
Monday April 17 9AM -3PM
Course Fee- $50 Members, $70 Non- Members, Per Day
Required Prerequisite: None
Student requirements are:
- Provide a U.S. Coast Guard approved Type III Personal Flotation Device (PFD) with a plastic whistle attached.
- Swim 20 yards while wearing a PFD.
Suggested items to bring daily:
- Lunch, Snacks and Beverages
- Sun Shirt and, Hat
- Closed Toe Shoes
- Change of Clothes
- Swimsuit and Towel
- The SEA SQUIRT Program will need a minimum of 5 children to hold class each session.
- A maximum class size of 10 (if 2 instructors available).
- A wait list will be established after maximum class size is reached, additional spots may open depending on level of interest and instructor availability.
- SCYC Staff are not responsible for children outside of program hours.